… coming soon …
A new space-romping novella from multiple Aurealis and Ditmar Award nominee, Charlie Nash.
It’s a long way back across the ‘verse to Earth-central, especially with a target on your head. After the near-disaster on-board the Freya, and the hushed-up events of the Dellinger, the Doctor and Riley lie low on a private liner, planning to jump the next waygate back to the inner systems. But there’s not just one gate out there in the distance, but two. And what waits out there is ancient and dangerous, something no one was ever supposed to find.
Launching on Amazon 17 SEP 2020
… collections …
Combining technical curiosity and classic storytelling, Charlie Nash’s first three collections celebrates the foundational SF genres, including space opera, military SF, cyberpunk, steampunk, post-apocalyptic and dark fantasy, including stories shortlisted for the Aurealis and Ditmar Awards.
A new breed of ship’s doctor walks into a crisis in a far-flung space station. A predatory ship of legend stalks an Earth-bound transport. A damaged corporate soldier battles hell on an alien planet – and in his head. A salvage crew goes hunting for profits and ends up in a desperate race for their lives – and everyone else’s.
Including “Dellinger”, shortlisted for the Aurealis Award for Best Science Fiction Short Story. Available on Amazon and through IngramSpark .
In a future of corporatized agriculture, a fault-finder corners an unusual saboteur. A quantum-damaged man considers destroying his enemies – but at what cost? A soldier in a freezing steam-demon world finds a life-changing prize in the snow. A boy befriends an indentured dragon and ushers in the carbon age.
Including “Alchemy & Ice”, shortlisted for the Aurealis Award for Best Science Fiction Short Story. Available on Amazon and through IngramSpark .
An ambitious apothecary tends a beautiful stranger with an ancient, world-shaking secret. A young man in a world of fairy-tale creatures discovers an invasion. An imprisoned roc struggles with his baser instincts. A doomed mine worker runs to escape something that should never have been dug from the earth.
Including “The Ghost of Hephaestus”, shortlisted for both the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story, and the Ditmar Award for Best Novella or Novelette. Available on Amazon and through IngramSpark.
… all short stories …
- The Ship’s Doctor, Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine #47 – 2010
- … re-released 2013 as an ebook.
- Deep Deck 9, Luna Station Quarterly #10 – 2012
- … also reprinted in The Best of LSQ: The First Five Years – 2015
- The Edge, Scareship #8 – 2012
- Jack, Mysterical-E – Fall/Winter 2012/2013
- Parvaz, Dreaming of Djinn Anthology – 2013 (Ticonderoga Publications)
- Tartarus, Electric Spec, Volume 8, Issue 2 – 2013
- The Message, Dimension6 #1 – 2014
- Dellinger, Use Only As Directed – 2014 (Peggy Bright Books)
- Shortlisted for the 2015 Aurealis Award (Best Science Fiction Short Story)
- Blue ICE, Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine #59 – 2014
- The Ghost of Hephaestus, Phantazein – 2014 (FableCroft)
- Alchemy and Ice, Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine #61 – 2015
- Shortlisted for the 2016 Aurealis Award (Best Science Fiction Short Story)
- The Seven-forty from Paraburdoo, The Never Never Land anthology – 2015 (Canberra Speculative Fiction Guild)
… flash fiction …
- The Two Boys, Every Day Fiction – 3 July 2011
- Migration, The Journal of Microliterature – 22 January 2013
- The One You Feed, One Page: Brisbane – 20 January 2014
- The Lady with the Lantern, Pseudopod – Episode 428, 6 March 2015
- The Last Gate is the First
- Longlisted for the 2018 BWF UQ Microfiction competition